Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Watch The Rite: New Testament Text



New Testament: Romans 9:20-30

But who indeed are you, a human being, to argue with God? Will what is moulded say to the one who moulds it, ‘Why have you made me like this?’ Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one object for special use and another for ordinary use? What if God, desiring to show wrath and to make known power, has endured with much patience the objects of wrath that are made for destruction; and what if God has done so in order to make known the riches of glory for the objects of mercy, which God has prepared beforehand for glory— including us whom God has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed God says in Hosea,

'Those who were not my people I will call “my people”,
and the one who was not beloved I will call “beloved”. ’

"Aquellos que no eran mi pueblo los llamaré 'mi pueblo,' y aquel que no
era amado le llamaré 'amado.'"

“那本來不是我子民的、我要稱為我的子民.本來不是蒙愛的、
我 要 稱 為 蒙 愛 的 。”

‘And in the very place where it was said to them, “You are not my people”,
there they shall be called children of the living God.’

No comments:

Post a Comment